Sedo’s big end user sale over the past week was OCS.com, which sold for $115,000. This shows the difference between an end user buying a three letter domain name versus a domain investor. It’s also a reminder that a three letter domain name has the greatest value if an end user ultimately will want it. Keep that in mind when you’re out there buying domains with x’s and z’s in them.
Another notable sale this week is g.rich, which sold for $13,750. Also, the buyer of Huddled.com for just $2,000 got a great bargain.
Here’s the list of end user domain name sales:
• OCS.com $115,000 – OCS Group UK Ltd is a facilities management that uses the domain name OCS.co.uk.
• MomsChoice.com $31,500 – Liptis Pharmaceuticals.
• Gr8fx.com $18,000 – A Cyprus company has a website promising something new is coming very soon.
• g.Rich $13,750 – Getrich Entertainment Limited in Hong Kong. It looks like they are getting ready to launch something at their domain infra.guru.
• No18.com $12,450 – No 18 Office and Lounge AB in Stockholm is a workspace and event venue. It uses the domain name No18.se.
• ZingWireless.com $9,000 – Mobile phone service company Zing PCS.
• Externer-datenschutzbeauftragter.com €7,400 – Intersoft Consulting Services AG bought this domain, which loosely translates to “external data protection commissioner:.
• WestCountry.co.uk £7,000 – A produce company in the UK called West Country.
• PCZentrum.de €4,699 – PC Specialist Ltd, which operates a computer parts company at PCSpecialist.co.uk. Zentrum roughly translates to “center”.
• Consup.net $2,800 – conSup (N.A.) Inc. is a food distribution company that uses the domain name consup.us.
• HeroLoans.com $2,650 – Fairway Independent Mort. Corp. is a mortgage company.
• Implan.com.br $2,420 – a Dental implant doctor bought this domain name.
• BrilliantCorners.com $2,000 – The Billions Corporation is a musical artist agency. Brilliant Corners is a British indie pop band, so perhaps Billions is representing them. (Oh, and Billions owns Billions.com!)
• Huddled.com $2,000 – DigitalBox Group Ltd is building “intelligent customer discovery” using the domain. They got a great deal on this domain.