How to Become a Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician work under the direction of a licensed pharmacist to dispense medication and provide information to customers. Pharmacy technicians typically work behind a pharmacy counter at a drugstore, grocery store, hospital, nursing home or other medical facility. This position involves working with pharmacists, patients and occasionally with pharmaceutical reps. To become a Pharmacy technician, students should learn how to assist licensed pharmacists in dispensing prescription medications. Pharmacy technicians are expected to do the following duties:
- Measure medications for prescriptions
- Take information necessary to fill prescriptions
- Encode patient information in the computer system
- Organize inventory in a pharmacy
- Accept payment and process insurance claims
- Assist in customer service support
- Properly package and put label in prescriptions
NOTE : This is an Amazon Product so you have to click on the link below to Purchase it.
Official PTCB Practice Test
The PTCB practice test will help prepare you for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) test. You will need to prepare yourself for questions in areas of Pharmacology, sterile and non-sterile compounding, medication safety, laws and regulations, quality assurance, medication order entry and fill process, inventory management, billing and reimbursement, and information system usage and application. The PTCB practice test also provides a detailed explanation for each answer for you to review with your practice test results.
The Official Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Practice Exam has been constructed to familiarize candidates with the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination (PTCE). It is built to the same content specifications as the PTCE.The applicants who are appearing for Pharmacy Technicians test should try our PTCB practice tests.
Features of PTCB practice tests :-
- 3,020 Total pharmacy tech certification questions.
- Various Difficulty Levels (Medium to Super-hard) Questions.
- 90 unique pharmacy technicians Questions per Exam, like the real test.
- No two questions are the same.
- Over 900 pharmacy math/calculation questions alone.
- No Easy Questions, NO True/False Questions.
- Answer Display Functions. Display the answers after each question or all answers at the end of the exam.
- When you have completed the exam your percentage score will be calculated and you will be told whether you passed or failed, just like on exam day.
- Timer with on/off functions! Learn to manage your exam time.
It s everything you need to know in order to prepare for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam and to succeed on test day.